lørdag 16. februar 2008

6: "the stone of apathy"

I haven't been feeling all right lately, in fact I was emotionally dead for a while.
That's why I haven't been writing anything recently.

When people think of depression, they automatically associate it with feeling sad and melancholic.

In my case this is false.
I fall into an abyss of nothingness.
Hard as I try, I cant feel anything.
I cant, read, listen to music, watch a movie and I definitely can't interact socially.
Writing becomes an impossible, I've just don't care about anything.
Total apathy lays over me like a heavy stone I don't have the the strength to lift off.
The stone crushes my spirit.

This how I experience depression, it's not like how the stereotype depressions I see in movies or read in books where they cry, cut them self and try to commit suicide.
I'd feel nothing it was as I barely existed.
Why should I kill myself or cause pain by cutting myself to feel alive, when I didn't care.
It was joyless and painless.
If there is a heaven and hell, I wouldn't be too scared about hell.
I's imagine an eternity of pain would be better than living without any emotion what so ever.

I got a new receipt for medication now, hopefully the apathy will not return.
An elixir that makes me break the stone of apathy.

Ingen kommentarer: